Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Today I floated for the first time

Today I floated for the first time... or... more accurately... I swam the breaststroke without sinking for the first time since 2007.

I had tried to do it many a time before.

Yet, because of the permanent damages to my shoulders and possibly the problems with my neck as wel,  every time I tried to swim... I sank because my shoulders couldn't quite handle it.  As a result, I had to use floaters to keep my body above the water so that I don't turn into a floater myself...  8-X

Although I didn't go too far or too long, today I floated without the use of a floater for the first time and swam the breaststroke without sinking.

The funny thing is that... despite of the fact that I am making it a routine to walk about 60 Manhattan blocks everyday, I have been feeling dead tired after coming out of the water.



Then, that greedy part of me came out and said... "When might it be when I can, again, spending the whole day swimming if not simply floating in the sea?"

Though, might need to first make sure I can walk in and out of the sea water before worrying about the swimming thing.... lol

Anyway... nice!

No comments: