Saturday, July 9, 2011

something midway

I came across Mr. Alighieri, who was hanging out with Mr. Maro, as I took a rest midway of my walk.

In many a word, so attempted him on hell to describe... which I had listened to years ago...

Yet, perhaps, someone else's hell is easily forgotten.  I don't recall much what exactly happened.

Then, I resumed my walk trying to get back home.

20 something blocks and many more micro-stops later, I took another extensive rest to recuperate... a la bar... amongst friends..

So I spoke of my encounter with Mr. Alighieri and his hell...

20 something blocks later... words... oops... mostly forgotten...

So I inquired my company--

"What are the first 3 sentences?  Like something about midway, life's journey and dark jungle or bushes?"

Only to realize later- forgotten was what has been lost.


INFERNO
CANTO 01
Dante

Nel mezzo del cammin di nostra vita
mi ritrovai per una selva oscura
ché la diritta via era smarrita.

MIDWAY upon the journey of our life
I found myself within a forest dark,
For the straightforward pathway had been lost.

No comments: